Sunday, January 15, 2006

Two weeks in

Two weeks gone in the new year, good time for a preliminary look at my resolutions. Here's what I have so far:
- My two-week detox is now over and it seems to have worked out well. I feel fitter and a bit heathier in general, and seem to have kicked the coffee dependency (though I find I can't skimp on sleep anymore. One thing though - I wouldn't advise a rapid 'retox' process. Yesterday we had a mid-winter team meeting over fattening foods, beer and coffee and I had plenty of everything. The combination of these didn't sit well and I felt gross the rest of the day. I guess that's kind of indicative the detox 'worked', but I wasn't expecting that kind of a reaction.
- Other than that, eating healthy has gone well. I've fallen off a bit in my goal to drink a litre of water a day, but haven't been feeling dehydrated without it.
- Exercise is going well. Ran my fastest 5 km run in a long time (24 minutes, a decent pace) last weekend, and I'm actually starting to see some definition in my upper body. Stil some fat to lose in the midsection, that'll take some time though.
- For ultimate, haven't played much league but have played a few games of men's pickup, and have been pretty pleased with my play. Also had the aforementioned team meeting and it sounds like everyone's pretty committed to playing competitively in both winter and summer leagues, an we were able to address some difficulties we've had on offence in indoor. We'll see how the adjustments go on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home